Monday, May 25, 2009

Trying to get back down

My body and my weight have been an issue for me since the third grade. I have a distinct memory of writing up what I was going to eat and the exercises I would do on a set of post-its that were sadly lost the next day. It hasn't changed much since then, although I have been successful at some diets and then the weight just creeps back on. I'm such an emotional eater and of late I've noticed how bad it is. At the grocery store I just stare at the aisles laden with bread, cookies and ice cream. My sweet tooth has become so pronounced that its almost like a drug addiction and does remind me of what it felt like to be addicted and to quit smoking. I've been researching blogs lately, dropping in on friends and strangers blogs to see what its like. Its a little scary to think about putting it all out there for the world to see and then at the same time so good. Lynn's blog http://www.freewebs.com/lynnsjourney/ inspired me today. She said that in order to get started you just start and journaling, journaling, journaling starts to open up the pathway and unveils the reason as to why I'm fat, why I over eat, and why I'm so mean to myself. She also says setting up small goals is really helpful in staying on track. So here I am, the night before I start my new road to health. This is no longer a diet, inferring something temporary. This has to be a lifestyle change because its truly what I need. I'm going to start with my elemental eating program which is a great basic meal plan that eliminates the sugar factor and I want to get in a walk everyday. My small goal will be to get 5 lbs off by June 26th, exactly a month from tomorrow. 

Menu for 6/26
Breakfast: 
smoothie
Lunch
2c mixed salad, 1c garbanzo beans, 4 rye crisps
Dinner
4oz tofu, 2c stir fry veges, 1c brown rice
Snack
1/2c soymilk, 1/2c berries

No comments:

Post a Comment