Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 3 done!

So I'm starting to feel very hungry for the bad stuff and I just read on Lynn's blog how sometimes we have to get "all mom on ourselves" and enforce the fact that we can't eat the crap. I also loved her point on binge food versus comfort food. Basically she said that there are some foods we just loose our shit over and can't stop eating and other foods that taste great but that we'll only eat our designated portion and feel comforted and satisfied. It got me thinking about the foods that I loose my shit over. And boy is my list long;
1. bread- any kind especially with butter...now I'm drooling.
2. pasta
3. cookies, cakes, cupcakes, basically sweets.

So, I think even when I get to the point when I give myself small "treats" I'll have to stay away from the above list because I cannot stop myself when eating them. Overeating is such a bad addiction. I never thought I had an addictive personality but I guess I do. The fact that I am a former smoker convinces me that I'll be able to quit this damn food addiction too. I think its great to identify the trigger foods and trigger moments and then be sure I stay away from it. Having Luca's food around is sometimes difficult since I'm so tempted but I'm going to start "mommying" myself and journaling journaling journaling. I'm learning so many things about myself and my behaviors and where they come from and I think its so helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment