Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First Day

This morning I weighed myself and I'm at 153. I don't know how low I want to go I just know that by June 26th I want to be 148. So far my first day has gone well. Luca woke up in a home body mood so we've played countless games of picnic, farm house, and cars. My smoothie in the morning was so yum, I really forgot how filling and yummy this healthy way of eating is. When I write healthy eating I really want to say healthy diet but I'm slowly trying to move myself away from that mentality. I know the only way to get and stay skinny forever is to be healthy forever. 
Luca had pizza for lunch, which I keep stocked in the freezer for fast meals. After I pulled my salad together and sat near him I felt so guilty. I had taken the time to assemble my salad, but had heated up a frozen pizza for him and let him watch Nemo while we ate. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself since I know I've been sick for a little over a week and I'm not exactly jumping with energy today. But still, I started to think of the parenting advice, teach by example. Here I am, a good example eating salad, but I've given him the pizza. What is that teaching him? Probably ultimately that he's not worth the time or effort to make healthy food for, and that made me feel horrible. Having been a fat kid I know how addictive and wonderful that food can be, till you wake up one day and realize you're heavier than your classmates. From now on I think I'll simultaneously make our lunch and dinner at the same time so that the next day lunch is ready and there are no unhealthy options. 
In terms of exercise I found this cool club called the belly-off club on the woman's health website. You have to commit to working out 3 times a week and they are home workouts which works perfectly for me as a stay at home mom. I think I'll sign off now and go sign up and work out. I'll write again after dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment